We always complain that my hair is getting dull or hair quality deteriorating. Generally blame air pollution and some time blame on our own gut also!! Yes, air pollution is among the many, but several facts we are neglecting which worsening our hair quality. Hair care is essential to maintain its health.
Here are some hair care tips which we can implement easily:
- Heat is one of your hair’s biggest enemies. Regular use of hair straightener, curling iron, and the hair dryer can badly damage the hair and strip away its natural moisture. Limit the use of such treatment and apply heat protective serums to reduce the damage.
- Never wash your hair with hot water because hot water tends to dry them out. Instead, rinse your hair with cold or lukewarm water which helps lock in moisture and adds volume
- Prolonged sun exposure can make your hair dull, lifeless and fade. When you out in the sun, cover your headscarf or cap/hat or use an umbrella. You can also dab on some heat protection hair serum with SPF half an hour before stepping out in the sun.
- You can make a hair mask with these: mix two tablespoons of lime juice with one cup of plain yogurt (Dahi), apply this mixture to your hair and leave it on for at least 30-40 minutes. Rinse with cool or lukewarm water.
- Excessive dust, pollution and chemicals from shampoos, conditioners and styling gels deposit on your scalp which make your hair sticky and unhealthy. Take the amount of shampoo you use for one wash and mix in one tablespoon of baking soda. Use this mixture to shampoo your hair as usual. Baking soda helps remove deposit in the roots and gives your hair a glossy and squeaky clean feel.